Vinny Tafuro is the author of Unlocking the Labor Cage, a cutting-edge economist, and visionary futurist. Vinny is absolutely brilliant, and I learned a lot from our conversation.From how one gentleman’s garage tinkering created the middle class to the future of work itself—and how today’s tinkerers just might usher in massive economic change—we covered a lot of ground. If you’re interested in the near future, this episode is for you.
- 2:15: How tinkering around created the middle class
- 7:00: Why Vinny wrote Corporate Empathy
- 9:36: A thought on why so many big companies have harsh cultures
- 16:35: Conscious Capitalism and changing the culture of business as a whole
- 20:36: How Vinny started the Florida Chapter of Conscious Capitalism
- 27:02: Comparing corporations to sociopaths?
- 32:11: So, what IS the future of work?
- 35:58: A new method of exchanging currency
- 48:41: Why it’s time to replace GDP as an economic metric
- 1:07:19: How to re-tool the delivery and cost of higher education
- 1:14:27: How following curiosities instead of passions can make all the difference